Unanswered: Transaction Log Bckup Failed

Hi guys I am setting up our backups and everthing went smooth when I exected the Jobs but when I got the to Transaction Log I got an error message and here is what it said (all the databases are in full recovery mode)

Date,Source,Severity,Step ID,Server,Job Name,Step Name,Notifications,Message,Duration,Sql Severity,Sql Message ID,Operator Emailed,Operator Net sent,Operator Paged,Retries Attempted
    10/10/2009 10:01:32,IndianEducationDatabaseBackups.Subplan_4, Error,0,SCAIR-SQL,IndianEducationDatabaseBackups.Subplan_4,(Job outcome),,The job failed. The Job was invoked by User LOCAL\Administrator. The last step to run was step 1 (Subplan_4).,00:00:07,0,0,,,,0
    10/10/2009 10:01:32,IndianEducationDatabaseBackups.Subplan_4, Error,1,SCAIR-SQL,IndianEducationDatabaseBackups.Subplan_4,Subpl an_4,,Executed as user: SCAIR-SQL\SYSTEM. ...n 9.00.3042.00 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 10:01:32 AM Progress: 2009-10-10 10:01:33.15 Source: {69A02FA3-98DE-440E-8ECE-CFC7582F08A0} Executing query "DECLARE @Guid UNIQUEIDENTIFIER EXECUTE msdb..sp".: 100% complete End Progress Error: 2009-10-10 10:01:34.07 Code: 0xC002F210 Source: Back Up Database (Transaction Log) Execute SQL Task Description: Executing the query "BACKUP LOG [ReportServer] TO DISK = N'Z:\SQL Backups\IndianEducationdbTransLogBackUps' WITH NOFORMAT<c/> INIT<c/> NAME = N'ReportServer_backup_20091010100133'<c/> SKIP<c/> REWIND<c/> NOUNLOAD<c/> STATS = 10 " failed with the following error: "The statement BACKUP LOG is not allowed while the recovery model is SIMPLE. Use BACKUP DATABASE or change the recovery model using ALTER DATABASE. BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query<c/> "Result... The package execution fa... The step failed.,00:00:07,0,0,,,,0

ok did some more research and the ReportServerTempdb is the one in simple recovery. NOw just a little advice would be ok if I changed that to full or would any one advise against it??

Provided Answers: 6
    why would you need to backup a tempdb?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

good point thrasy thank yoiu

The only reason to backup the ReportServerTempDB is to have a template to restore in case the server should go south.

Unlike SQL Server, Reporting Services does not create a tempdb upon startup. Simple mode is more than sufficient to create a backup of that database, and once you have one you are good in case you ever need to restore the Reporting Services databases.

As a side note, don't forget to also backup the encryption key for the Reporting Services Server. This is done from the Configure Report Server screen under the Encryption Key selection on the left side of the screen (RS 2005).

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --