Unanswered: Legacy db export

I have a SQL Server 6.5 database that I need to export the data and create table DDL from. I will be importing it into MySQL. How can I export csv or insert statements from 6.5?

TIA

Provided Answers: 11
    You can generate CSV files by using BCP to export the data from SQL Server. Youc an also generate scripts of the table structures by using Enterprise Manager for 6.5. These scripts will be in 'T-SQL-ese', though, and you will have to edit them to run on a MySQL database.

I guess I should have mentioned that I tried BCP and I can get the data out, but it has odd characters in it (almost like binary data), but the fields I am exporting are just plain text. I didn't see anything in Enterprise Manager 6.5...do you know what the option is called?

Are you specifying character format (-c) for BCP? I would expect that behaviour only if you specified Native format (-n).

I wasn't specifying any format, but it worked fine when I used -c for bcp! I found the script generator in Enterprise Manager, but it doesn't export data that I can see. I am going to use the script generator for the DDL, then bcp for the data....is that really the only way?

For SQL Server 6.5 that is the way to do it.

are you using -n (native format) ? that would explain funky characters.

I see mCr got to this already, rollback.