Lead SQL Server DBA opportunity in Chicago--To Work in Large TB Environment
Full-time opportunity to function as the SME and lead growth of a large TB environment!!
LOCAL CHICAGO CANDIDATES ONLY!!
MUST HAVE EXCELLENT VERBAL COMMUNICAITON SKILLS, BE A US CITIZEN, EAD OR GREEN CARD HOLDER!!!
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE SUPPORTING A 1+ TERABYTE DATABASE ENVIRONMENT!!
Our client, a leading retailer in Chicago whose 90+ terabyte database environment is growing at a rate of 10 gigabytes per day, is looking for someone to function as the SME, manage and drive future database growth, and build their SQL Server platform out as they migrate to version 2005. Critical projects the incumbent will be involved in include: formulating & executing a database environment as the company moves to an SAP BW solution; decentralizing their warehouse environment; in sourcing their ecommerce platform; implementing a loyalty program. It is a high visibility/high impact role with a company that is experiencing tremendous growth.
• Project Management – Managing technical projects in the database group: database design, creation and maintenance. Provides research on new technology and leads innovation for the group.
• Database design – Providing guidance and expertise to Application Developers on how to modify code so databases will run optimally.
• Works closely with application project and systems teams on all issues related to databases.
• Performance tuning – monitoring the server and making configuration changes to optimize as the environment grows.
• Capacity planning and back-up/recovery activities
• Leads research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches
• Root cause analysis on database issues
• Technical documentation relating to database management
• 24x7 production support