Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: Activate database on boot

DB2 V9.5 Windows

I have looked everywhere I can find, but I need a way to have the server activate the databases without having to login in as the instance owner and issuing the ACTIVATE DATABASE command.

We have this server on windows that has a few databases that are used by the development team. They are not in them too often, so whenever they try to connect, they incur the hit of starting up the database just about every time. I can issue the ACTIVATE DATABASE command manually, but the networking team reboots the server periodically and then the database are not active anymore. The server is not allowed to autologin for security reasons.

So how do I set this server to activate the databases whenever it gets booted?

Andy

Provided Answers: 1
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

when the servers is booted before activate the db you need to start the instance
    regds
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew_paul
    when the servers is booted before activate the db you need to start the instance
    regds
    Paul
    That is a given. With windows, auto-starting the instance is the default behavior, so that was already taken care of.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by n_i
    Thanks Nick. I set it up, but I have to wait until the server gets rebooted to see if it works. I am not sure when that is.

Andy