Senior SQL Server DBA opportunity in Chicago--To Work in Large TB
Full-time opportunity to function as a SME and help lead growth of a large TB environment!!
LOCAL CHICAGO CANDIDATES ONLY!!
MUST HAVE EXCELLENT VERBAL COMMUNICAITON SKILLS, BE A US CITIZEN, EAD OR GREEN CARD HOLDER!!!
Our client, a leading retailer in Chicago who is in the process of migrating to a SQL Server 2005 platform, is looking for someone function as a SME and help grow their TB environment. Critical projects include: formulating & executing a database environment as the company moves to an SAP BW solution; decentralizing their warehouse environment; in sourcing their ecommerce platform; implementing a loyalty program. It is a high visibility/high impact role with a company that is experiencing tremendous growth.
• Project Management – Managing technical projects in the database group: database design, creation and maintenance. Provides research on new technology and leads innovation for the group.
• Database design – Providing guidance and expertise to Application Developers on how to modify code so databases will run optimally.
• Works closely with application project and systems teams on all issues related to databases.
• Performance tuning – monitoring the server and making configuration changes to optimize as the environment grows.
• Capacity planning and back-up/recovery activities
• Leads research, planning and implementation of new database installations, upgrades and patches
• Root cause analysis on database issues
• Technical documentation relating to database management
• 24x7 production support