Unanswered: HADR failover - backups

I'm writing a script that will check to see if the server is in PRIMARY state. If it is, then perform the nightly backup beased upon what day it is (full vs incremental delta). This script will be running on both the PRIMARY/STANDBY servers at the same time. If the database is in STANDBY, it will do nothing.

If the PRIMARY server fails over at any point BEFORE the backup takes place, and the BACKUP database performs the backup, will there be a disruption of data if/when I need to restore? They, theoretically, should contain the same data/logfiles thus the incremental backup made on the standby server 'should' match up with the other incremental backups on the PRIMARY server.

Is this correct?

I doubt that you can mix and match incremental backups from the primary and standby servers, but I could be wrong.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Ok that's what I was trying to figure out. I think I'll incorporate the uptime at which the PRIMARY server has and based on that, determine if I should use a full or incremental backup. This way if the fail over does occur, then the uptime on the new PRIMARY server will be less than 24 hours, thus initiating a full backup rather than an incremental....

Am I missing anything?