Unanswered: problem in mysql full text

Hi,
    I am having huge database which contain more the 70000 records when i use full text its not giving what i am searching for can you guide in it.

SELECT * FROM table WHERE MATCH(fieldname) AGAINST ('php company') i am not getting results. I have fine tune full text also its not working.

Provided Answers: 59
    so are you looking for rows with
    php OR company,
    php AND company

btw 70,000 records is not huge in anybody's terms, Access/JET can handle 100,000's of rows with eases. these days 'huge' databases come in TerraByte sizes...
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    so are you looking for rows with
    php OR company,
    php AND company

btw 70,000 records is not huge in anybody's terms, Access/JET can handle 100,000's of rows with eases. these days 'huge' databases come in TerraByte sizes...

Ok tell me i want to get result what i am searching for exmple "php company"its should list all the php company how its possible in mysql full text

fulltext in mysql

Hi, I have no answer for you, but we have quite similar problem few years ago and come to conclusion not to use mysql (version < 5.x) for fulltext search because its
    - horrible slow in searching
    - horrible slow in indexing
    - horrible inconsistent (for the same question different results in two following queries)

We have decided to use Lucene as base of our own search engine. If you cannot write your own, then you can use Solr and binding for your language to use it. Try to search solr and lucene at google. Both are projects of Apache fnd.

Good luck,

Mirek
    Last edited by xmirek; 10-22-09 at 09:46.