Exclamation Unanswered: Excel error help

Hello, I'm new here and have a problem with Excel 2003. I do not know VB at all, so this is throwing me off. I have a user, in closing any file, even just a blank new file, that is getting the following:

"Microsoft VB Runtime error 438: Object doesn't support this property or method"

There hasn't been any change, except Windows Updates run yesterday October 14th, but it started around Oct. 9th. Before updates on Oct. 14th, the next previous updates were run in the beginning of September. The debugger asks if you want to debug the error, saying yes brings up the following:

Sub SaveMacro()
    If IntState = "ON" Then
    If ActiveWorkbook.Path = "" Then 'if unnamed...call Save As.
    SaveNewDoc ActiveWorkbook
    Else 'it already has a name so save it.
    DocIsReadOnly = ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly
    If DocIsReadOnly Then 'if it is a ReadOnly document then call Save As
    SaveNewDoc ActiveWorkbook
    Else 'otherwise just save it.
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    SetIsDirty ActiveWorkbook, False
    End If
    End If
    Else
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    End If
    End Sub

The debugger flags the red line as being messed up. I'm a complete newb when it comes to VB. I'll admit that Any help would be appreciated :-) Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

I assume then 'SaveNewDoc' and 'SetIsDirty' are both sub routines you (or somebody) has created.

If so, it might be useful to post the code!!

MTB

Nope, we don't do VB code here, nor have a need for customizing code. She's just got a few simple spreadsheets with some small formulas in them. One thing I was going to try was disabling macro's as suggested elsewhere to see if it changes anything. She doesn't use them, so it won't mess with anything. - No dice...Didn't think disabling it would work...but just tried it as I'm at witts end. It still saves the doc, just comes up with that error. Also, if you save it, leave it open, click Ok to get past the 438 error, and save it again, it does not come up with the error.
    Last edited by Dusty1979; 10-15-09 at 12:32.

Excel Error:SetIsDirty ActieWorkbook, False

Posting this solution, as I had the exact concern that was listed and there was no answer to the problem. For us, it was an updated template in the user's profile - the template did not update with our application update, which was Groupwise. The template resided in the following: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\gwxl2007.xla
    Once this file was replaced with the updated version from another system, we no longer had that error coming up. So this type of error appears to be related to a template that resides in the user's profile. It's a matter of finding the template that is not working correctly.

I have seen this error too and it is really annoying.In Excel 2003 there seems to be so many faults in my opinion.Before I discovered this forum I used Microsoft´s own knowledge base and found some answers to other problems.Here is the link so you can take a look:
    Excel 2003 Solution Center