Unanswered: Limited Connectivity VPN with Access using Windows Vista

I'm trying to set up a VPN through which employees will be able to access my Access 2007 database. I'm using the VPN server and client software included with Windows Vista.

Whenever I connect to the VPN, it connects OK, but immediately kicks into "limited connectivity". A 192.168.X.X IP address is given, but the subnet mask is 255.255.255.255. I can't remember if this is valid or not.

If anybody could help me out with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated; I've been fighting with it for some time now.

Another alternative would be recommendations for alternative VPN software if there are known issues with the Vista included app.
    nfw04 uses Access 2007

sorry can not help with vpn server. just thought I would let you know that you can only permit one user at a time to the access database...just fyi; otherwise you need to set up multiple FEs and vpn(s) ...since you mention plural "employees"... in general a WAN requirement and Access are like oil and water...

other thoughts; a couple of services you can consider; one is EQLdata.com that will browser enable your front end...kind of slow latency thru the network.... another is AccessTables.com where everyone runs their own local Access db and you sync the tables periodically (typically overnight)...

Perhaps this link will help: http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=246

specifically the answer to the first question:

A: You may need to re-configure the NIC, for example low the speed. This search result may help,

Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity "This connection has limited or no connectivity. " "You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources" ...
    <link> posted on site.

or this link:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r201...nnectivity-and

Note: This thread might be moved unless anyone thinks it's specifically MSAccess related.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)