on the wrong server
    Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: Odd errors after dropping indexed views

Environment... SQL 2008. Database in 80 compatibility mode. Don't ask.

So in phase one of this project, I handled a number of schema changes and some new data filtering requirements with indexed views to largely mask the change to hundreds of reporting procs.

Now I am working on the oltp changes in my stand alone dev environment and I dropped my indexed views because in production, my reporting operations and my OLTP operations are on 2 different machines and the indexed views can not reside on my OLTP server due to the degradation on replication performance.

So the views have been dropped but now I am getting errors about my SET OPTIONS (QOUTED_IDENTIFIER etc...) from the stored procedures that update and insert the base tables that the now missing indexed views were referencing.

These errors I would totally expect if the views were there, but now they are gone. The procs still think they are there. Is there anyway to clear these errors other than reapplying my stored procedures with the proper SET options or chqanging the way the application connects to the SQL Server?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.