Unanswered: Access2007 adp SQL Server 2005

Hi folks,

New to dbs and was wondering can someone give me some advice on the following.

Have a test SQL Server 2005 DB called Training setup with the following tables below. I am in the process of using Access 2007 to setup a Gui to input data to the SQL Server DB. What is the best way to setup a form to record information for all employess and what courses they are enrolled in within the Link table

Employees
    > Employeeid (PK)
    > Employee
    Courses
    > Coursesid (PK)
    > Courses
    Link
    > Linkid (PK)
    > Employeeid
    > Coursesid

thanks
    s

I have setup a form using the Link table where i can see both employee and course data in the dropdown options but access will not generate a Linkid entry. How do i create a new record for this table. Any ideas?

Is your linkid field setup as an autonumber field type? Same is true for all your (PK) fields.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-19-09 at 21:03.

There's a few different ways.

I would have one form to edit my employees, one form to edit my courses, and one form to edit my link table. The later being the form where I might use comboboxes to populate the values and also have buttons to open either of the other forms.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Quote Originally Posted by sullybos
    I have setup a form using the Link table where i can see both employee and course data in the dropdown options but access will not generate a Linkid entry. How do i create a new record for this table. Any ideas?

Is your linkid field setup as an autonumber field type? Same is true for all your (PK) fields.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)