Unanswered: Export forms view data from Lotus Notes to SQL

Our group has, over many years used Lotus Notes for project management.

Our views are filled with many fields and drop box options. We would like to make some of the data more available to other users, to view and use via the web. The data must be exported to a MS SQL Server from Lotus Notes for use in php webpages being built.

We have downloaded and installed NotesSQL ODBC drivers. The exporting of data from Lotus Notes view form "seems" to have worked, seeming to load the data to the MSSQL Server.

When we look at SQL, it does not appear to have exported "all" the data. We can only find the latest text note on records and duplicates text from some. Does anyone know of a program or macro we could use to export this view / data in a more complete or joined way?

Our form design was hidden years ago by a manager no longer around.
    Last edited by testor15; 10-19-09 at 13:02.

Provided Answers: 54
    What you've described can be done, but the process requires extremely high levels of expertise which translates to very high cost. I don't know of any tool you can buy to do this, it requires an expert in Lotus Notes with a strong background in relational technology too.

If there is a simple way to transfer complex Lotus Notes data to a relational store (like MS-SQL), I'd love to know about it.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by testor15
    Our group has, over many years used Lotus Notes for project management.
    Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by testor15
    Does anyone know of a program or macro we could use to export this view / data in a more complete or joined way?
    The only Notes migration project I've ever worked on, the client ended up having to hire a high-priced consultant (which fortunately happened to be me) to write custom .net scripts for transferring the data.
    That was to Oracle, though, not SQL Server.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

I think my post is too late for you, but maybe some others can benefit from it. View the Notes to SQL solution on this website: http://www.lialis.com/Applications/E...x/Notes_to_SQL

The solution is not for free, but friendly priced for what you get, a server based system with which the entire process from transfering Lotus Notes data to SQL can be performed.

Feel free to read the user manuals on the website.
    Last edited by kberg; 06-21-10 at 11:33. Reason: wrong website

Exclamation New link

The URL I posted is outdated. for information about the Convert Notes data to SQL solution: Convert Notes data to SQL

Provided Answers: 6
    digging up a dead threads to advertise your junk? nice.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Unhappy

I found it very anouying if a link does not work, that is way I added the new link.

Sorry the hear you think it is junk. Of course we benefit if customers purchase the solution, but this works both ways, many customers are helped with this solution already.