Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: DB2 Load utility in DB2 9.5

    We have recently migrated Db2 from 8 to 9.5 . Autoload utility was used in previous version.We changed it to LOAD utility , we are not getting any log messasges such as prepartioning , buil index, completed etc during the loading phase but the load process completes successfully.

    I want to know how to activate log options in load utility . In my script Load command is placed in a seperate file.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Mogana Kumaran

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    114
    I believe autoload went away with v7. As for load messages, look for MESSAGES keyword of LOAD command. If you do not find it, please let us know and we will arrange to have the text from the book copied into this thread for you (is Marcus still around?)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,516
    Provided Answers: 1
    Actually, the kind of messages moganakumaran is looking for are logged to db2diag.log
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    db2dummy, you're a bad boy...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by db2dummy1
    I believe autoload went away with v7. As for load messages, look for MESSAGES keyword of LOAD command. If you do not find it, please let us know and we will arrange to have the text from the book copied into this thread for you (is Marcus still around?)
    If you would bother to read the manual once in awhile (instead of spewing your stream of consciousness dribble that matches your forum name) you would have known the correct answer to the quest as n_i did.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by n_i
    Actually, the kind of messages moganakumaran is looking for are logged to db2diag.log

    Dear comrade Ivanov! I must respectfully disagree. I believe the proper spelling is "Mogana Kumaran" and not "moganakumaran". This is like calling you "nikolaiepifanovichivanov"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    If you would bother to read the manual once in awhile (instead of spewing your stream of consciousness dribble that matches your forum name) you would have known the correct answer to the quest as n_i did.

    Dribble? This must be the basketball forum. Oops... Sorry. I was looking for DB2 forum. I will keep looking - thank you for your help getting this straightened out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jena, Germany
    Posts
    2,721
    Quote Originally Posted by db2dummy1
    Dear comrade Ivanov! I must respectfully disagree. I believe the proper spelling is "Mogana Kumaran" and not "moganakumaran". This is like calling you "nikolaiepifanovichivanov"
    You may want to have a look at the user name of the OP. Ivanov used that name correctly. So it is just a matter of identifiers here.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by db2dummy1
    I believe autoload went away with v7
    Small correction - ...with v8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •