Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: indexed views reporting services and set arthiabort on

Googling "reporting services" + "indexed view" + "set arthiabort on" surprisingly only returns 2 results with only one maybe solution.

Indexed Views and ARITHABORT -- sql server reporting services

I had ripped through upgrading our reporting database in dev with a combination of indexed views and glonbal regex code updates and I thought I was done and I have been working on some other parts of this project.

2 weeks until Test and the reporting folks and the DBAs finally got around to hooking up a reporting services front end and none of the reports are executing because it is complaining about SET ARHTI ABORT not being on.

An error occurred during client rendering.
    An error has occurred during report processing.
    Query execution failed for dataset 'MyDataSet'.
    INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or filtered indexes and/or query notifications and/or XML data type methods and/or spatial index operations.
    So I think I might be able to do what is referenced in the above hyperlink or I might be able to run another regex global code update to place SET ARTHI ABORT at the begining of every stored procedure. Both solutions are cumbersome due to volume and time is short.

Does anyone have bright ideas on a short cut?

Environment: Reporting Services 2008. SQL Server 2008. Database in 80 compatibility level. Dont ask.
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 10-20-09 at 09:15.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 6
    I am such a silly dunder head...

ALTER DATABASE MyReportingDB SET ARITHABORT ON
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.