Unanswered: Wait event "SQL*Net more data to client

Dear All,
    My application runs on
    Oracle 10G R1
    Platform Windown Server 2003 Rel 2

I will appreciate a lot if anyone can help me resolve this bottleneck in my database.

I keep have more of this Warning on my Enterprise Manager page

Wait event "SQL*Net more data to client" in wait class "Network" was consuming significant database time.

I checked in Oracle Database Reference 10GR2 but the information given there did not really explain on how to get the issue resolved

I would there be grateful for anyone's assistance in resolving this problem

That normally indicates that you have a very long string or LOB that is bigger then the packet size so the server is waiting for the rest of the packets to arrive to combine them. What is your application written in?
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Hi beilstwh

Thanks for your explanation. I think it is due to the scaned images being posted to the system

So is it an issue to worry about or is there anyway to resolve it ? Bcos it is consuming significant Database time

For your information Our Application is developed with PowerBuilder

Regards

Silas

Below is a nice writeup on adjusting the packet size. However, it may be using clock time but is it using processor time? is your database non responsive?

Oracle tnsnames.ora file
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.