Unanswered: retrieve result data

how can i show the result data from sql to a report?
    lets say microsoftreportviewer in vb.net.

for example, my condition is select sum(column1) from tbl

how can i retrieve the result from sql?

Provided Answers: 6
    ADO.Net This message is too short
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Last edited by rvr707; 10-20-09 at 12:34.

how? should i create a new table for the result? and retrieve it in report viewer?

you can use the query you have their. Here some reading material I googled for you...

C# Station: ADO.NET Tutorial Lesson 01 - Introduction to ADO.NET
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Thank you.

But i already know how to connect my database to the .net.
    I just dont know how will I retrieve the data using those.
    any samples?

yeah, I posted a tutorial. We are not going to code for you for such a vaguely stated problem.

A man was in a flood. The water reached his door step and the cops came to evacuate him. The man said "I am not going. The lord will save me". The water rose to consume his first floor. A boat came to rescue him. The man again said "the lord will save me". the water reached his roof and a helicopter came and again and the man repeated his refrain. The man drowned. The man got to heaven and asked why the lord did not save hime. God said I sent the cops, a boat and a helicopter.