Angry Unanswered: Convert Excel2007 database to Works 9.2 database?

Sorry but I hate Excel. We are trying to convert an Excel 2007 database to a Works 9.2 database. Microsoft has me copying data from Excel into a Works Spreadsheet and then into a Works database. It worked fine, at first. Now that I am halfway thru it it is only allowing me to sometimes copy and paste one date or number at a time. I have 3695 rows with 56 columns. I need this done yesterday. Does anyone know an easier conversion. I tried all the older methods, they don't work, converting to text or CSV file etc. Please help this is driving me nuts and it will take me a month to finish this at this rate.

Sounds to me like you should hate Works, not Excel.

I don't have Works, I've never done this and I never want to! (Why do you want to?) It should be a lot easier than this though. There's a MS Help & Support article on how to import an Excel 97 worksheet into a Works database:
    Works: How to Import and Export Works Databases to Excel 97

Have a play around with it; hopefully the process is pretty similar with Excel 2007.

Hope that helps...

Converting Excel to Works

Sorry, we do love Works. It's does the best mail outs. Already tried your link. The old methods do not work on the new Excel/Works databases.
    Thanks for trying to help
    Sue

Hi Sue,

Fair enough, sorry I can't offer any more help (I wasn't sure what the "old methods" were) - let us know if you find a good way to get this done.

Good luck!
    Colin