This is a contract to hire position.
Position is ft on-site at FT. Detrick, Maryland
Client will phone screen immediately and bring in for an in-person interview afterwards.
Secret clearance required.
Client can start this contractor immediately.

Contractor support will maintain, redevelop and re-platform various legacy applications databases on SQL and Oracle 9i/10g. New or rewritten applications will be embedded into respective environments. The Contractor will coordinate database administration work with the existing application support team where applicable. Administer, maintain, redevelop, and re-platform existing databases currently using Oracle versions 10g and earlier, and Microsoft SQL.

Design, create and monitor SQL server jobs, SSIS packages, stored procedures, scheduled tasks, audit logs, and other database processes/workflows.

Monitor and administer SQL server backup and recovery plans. Maintain functional structure of legacy systems. Perform routine and periodic database maintenance. Perform acceptance and testing for platform and system upgrades and application software upgrades. Support technical issues arising from ORACLE 9i/10g (11g/11i when customer is ready to upgrade) and current version of SQL systems. Establish and maintain database security. Provide documentation, support and certification to meet FDA compliance as required.

QUALIFICATIONS

Expertise and assistance on general database issues and functionality, as they apply to the system

Interface with vendors for problem resolution

Train existing database support staff in administration tools to support the redesigned systems

Provide Tier III support (the Help Desk is usually Tier I/II) to assist in trouble shooting user/customer related errors/concerns

Participate, as a team member for legacy system redesigns

Work with customer and/or customer representative to develop and communicate customer requirements to their supervisor
Provide On-Call Production Support as needed

This is an IAT Level II position as defined in DOD 8570.01-M

Must have a Secret clearance.

Expert level knowledge of SQL 2005/2008 and its related tools (e.g. SSMS, SQL Profiler) as well as the component services (e.g. SSIS, SSRS)

Experience is STIG implementation is a plus

Microsoft SQL 2005 or 2008 training or certifications (MCDBA/MC)

Experience working with DOD security requirements related to Oracle and SQL.

Typically requires eight (8) or more years of technical experience in assigned business area

Must have experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2005/2008 in a cluster environment

Must have experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Oracle 10g/11i products within Linux and Windows OS environment. RAC configuration knowledge a plus

Must demonstrate excellent communications skills (written and oral) and the ability to work independently or under general direction.

Regards,