Unanswered: Egregious hyperlink behaviour

Hi

Latest problem
    I have created a rectangle. I have added a hyperlink to an internal worksheet. When I click (on mouse down) the rectangle goes a dreadful colour. This seems to be related to the Fill.ForeColor property.

For example, if this is set to RGB 6697728 then it goes a peach colour on mouse down. Is there any way either prevent it changing colour or override the colour to one of my own chosing?

Thank you
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Just noticed - this happens in Excel 2003 not in 2007.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Shapes were completely overhauled in Office 2007 - I think this happens in all prior versions.

In earlier versions, sticking with shapes, the best I can offer is a crude-ish hack.

• Add a rectangle (let's call it rectangle 1) to the sheet and give it the fill colour you want. Add any caption text you want and position in the correct place on the worksheet. This is the rectangle the user will "see".
    • Add a second rectangle (let's cell it rectangle 2) and position it over the top of rectangle 1 (to get this perfect you could use VBA). Format rectangle 2 so it's fill colour is "No Fill" and it's line colour is "No Line". Basically we're making it completely transparent. Assign the hyperlink to this rectangle.
    • To finish, you can group them to ensure their positions stay completely synchronised. I think because they're positioned directly one over the other, you would have to use VBA to do the grouping.

Example attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This worked perfectly Colin - thank you
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump