Unanswered: Look up table now showing in Datasheet View

Hi everyone I have a look up table(FamilyHours_tbl) that i created for my combo boxes but its not showing in the datasheet view and I dont kwow why. It has a one to many relationship with the main table. I inherited this database and where there is a value list I am trying to make it into a lookup table. there's a total of 675 records in there already. What I did was run a make table query using the People_tbl's primary key and I am wondering was that the wrong approach or something???

The 10 Commandments of Access - Commandment #2
    Thou shalt never allow thy users to see or edit tables directly, but only through forms and thou shalt abhor the use of "Lookup Fields" which art the creation of the Evil One.
    Me.Geek = True

Quote Originally Posted by nckdryr

see the thing is I inhertied the database and originaly the combo box was a value list not a table/query. I am trying to create a cascading combo box but its nto working

this is why I created the look up table

I have been struggling with this for awhile and I have tried but still having problems. I need one combo box to populate two others. the main combo box is TypeOfparticipant and the two I want to be populated are [Weekly Hrs] combo box and [Monthly Hrs] combo box , what I am trying to do is when the user choses somethign from the drop down box called TypeOfParticipant it populates the other two boxes I have examples

TypeOfParticipant Weekly Hrs Monthly Hrs

2 parent family = Weekly_hrs 40 Hours and Month 173 Hours
    single parent child over 6 years = Weekly_hrs 30 hours and Month 130 Hours
    sigle parent child under 6 years = Weekly_hrs 20 hours and Month 87 Hours
    child under 1 year = Weekly_hrs 0 hours and Month 0 Hours

http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...box-issue.html

without knowing more details about your particular situation and setup, I'd recommend having a look here; it's a very good tutorial on how to create cascading lists (it deals with listboxes, but the concept is very similar to listboxes).
    Me.Geek = True