Question Unanswered: ERROR : During redo the page timestamp value is less than old timestamp from

Hi
    I am doing recovery with sybase native command (load database ..). I am getting following error
    [SYBMSG 3474] During redo the page timestamp value is less than old timestamp from log. Page #=ABCDE, object id = 12345678, page timestamp=0002 5659ffda. Log old timestamp=0002 58c3908a. Log record marker = (1990026, 3).

I am using 12.5.3 on AIX 5.3 Can any one let me know what is the root cause of this error?

I would guess that it is caused by corruption in the database transferred to dump.

1. Are you doing a native (AIX-AIX) or Cross Platform (eg. Linux to AIX) dump, the latter has special instructions that you must follow.

2. That error is usually on load tran, not on load database. You may have loaded a newer tran dump; then tried to load an older database dump.

3. Yes, it could be physical corruption, but that is the least likely possibility.
    Regards
    Derek Asirvadem (Formerly DerekA)
    Information Architect / Senior Sybase DBA
    Copyright 2009 Software Gems Pty Ltd

I answer questions from the Original Poster only. If you have a genuine question, as the moderators have requested, start a new thread.

http://www.softwaregems.com.au

We host faced the issue at our setup and the reason is dump was corrupt . We tried loding using other dump and it got succesfully restored.

Yss It's AIX-to-AIX, I am sure it's not dump corruption.

Yes even my next dump also got loaded successfully.

But still we need to find out what might have gone wrong.

I want to know what sybase is doing internally, any links? pdf sources ? as we face this face this issue many times.

Can you view the database dump?

loada database <dbnam> from <filename> with listonly

Can you let me know what to see there ? as I cant post it here as machine is in lab and no access to it from outside.

Regards
    Shreedhar