Unanswered: blocking issue in sybase

On daily basis, my ASE server is getting below commands blocked, during night 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM IST. As we do not support during night, its bit difficult to identify exactly which processes/programs are causing issue on this server.

Is there any way that i get the detailed info of process/program that is causing above issue using sybase utilities or any other method. Please confirm.

SPID Login_Name Host Blk DB_Name Command Time_Blocked
    ------ -------------- ------- ------ -------------- ---------------- ------------
    54 sa hostsyb 101 sigmatest DUMP TRANSACTION 19.83
    101 sa hostsyb 0 sigmatest T: 0.00

Victim_SPID Blocker_SPID Blocker_Program Time_Blocked
    ----------- ------------ ---------------- ------------
    54 101 isql 19.83

you can write a shell script and schedule that in cron for the specific time period and redirect the output and can analyse that later

Sydney, Australia
    You have no idea what exactly scheduled jobs run, at 02:00 ?

The shell script would work. Execute sp_who, sp_lock and sp_transactions every minute, that way you can "see" the lead up to the problem, not just the problem after it happens. It is pretty much standard practice.

If a DUMP TRAN is being blocked, it is probably colliding with a DUMP DATABASE or (even worse) another DUMP TRAN. Either of these are stupid errors resulting from the dump script or threshold stored proc being very poorly written. Easily corrected.
    Derek Asirvadem (Formerly DerekA)
    Information Architect / Senior Sybase DBA
    Copyright 2009 Software Gems Pty Ltd

I answer questions from the Original Poster only. If you have a genuine question, as the moderators have requested, start a new thread.