Unanswered: Replicating a pivot table in access?

I have a table containing the following fields:

Task | Week Number | Estimated Hours | Actual Hours

I'd like to summarize this to show task down the left, week numbers along the top and the estimated and actual hours summed, like a pivot table allowing easy comparison of both values:

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
    Task 1 - Estimated Hours x x x
    Task 1 - Actual Hours x x x
    Task 2 - Estimated Hours x x x
    Task 2 - Actual Hours x x x
    ... and so on

However, having tried to use a crosstab query I realise that I can only have one value.

Is there another way of achieving this without dragging the data into excel and creating a pivot table (which I have done and works perfectly, but is a couple of steps more than I;d like!)

Thanks in anticipation

Bob

Lightbulb Pivot table

You can try:

New form > Autoform: Pivottable

From within the Access interface and use the built-in wizard.

Alternatively you can automate Excel from within access - make Excel invisible and automate a print-preview of the Pivot table so that the user doesn't even realise excel has been invoked.

This is a little more complex so before venturing down this road, see if the wizard gives you what you need.

If not, let me know and I will put an example up for you (this may take a day or three due to work commitments).
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Thanks Garethdart, I'll give the form a go and let you know how I get on!

Bob

Hope it does the trick Bob if not, just post another reply and Ill write an example on Sat.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

PIVOT function in Access?

TRANSFORM may help you. Good luck!