Angry VAX cobol developer Dallas TX

Cowboy fans:

Hope you are doing well. I would like to explore with you the possibilities of working on the following Position which I have with me from one of my client...Please do let me know if you are comfortable and available, I appreciate if you reply me back and send me your updated resume

VAX cobol developer

Term : Contract

Duration : 6 month(s)

Skill & Job Description

Require assistance with our current Recycling system. This system is written in Vax Cobol and runs on HP Alpha servers. We support 500-600 users nationwide. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Cobol programming. A minimum of 5 years experience with Vax/Alpha Servers. Our workload requires a quick learner who is capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time. Please review qualifications for full requirements.

VAX COBOL Developer - am I too late?

Hi,

I am an extremely experienced VAX COBOL developer (some 18 years experience?) based currently in the UK, but extremely keen to take a contract like this. Have you now filled the position, and in any case is this open to non-US applicants?

I have worked on a large number of applications over the years, from manufacturing to financial services, and am completely fluent in all things VAX & Alpha/OpenVMS COBOL related!

If the position is still open please let me know and I will send my CV across to you straightaway.

I hope to hear from you soon,

My best wishes,
    Andy Barton.

Tel: +44 (0)7834 178752

Quote Originally Posted by garrydawkins View Post
    Cowboy fans:

Hope you are doing well. I would like to explore with you the possibilities of working on the following Position which I have with me from one of my client...Please do let me know if you are comfortable and available, I appreciate if you reply me back and send me your updated resume

VAX cobol developer

Term : Contract

Duration : 6 month(s)

Skill & Job Description

Require assistance with our current Recycling system. This system is written in Vax Cobol and runs on HP Alpha servers. We support 500-600 users nationwide. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Cobol programming. A minimum of 5 years experience with Vax/Alpha Servers. Our workload requires a quick learner who is capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time. Please review qualifications for full requirements.

saw your post for a cobol vax position. still available?

saw your post for a cobol vax position. still available?

j1076366@hotmail.com
    ingres or cobol contracts? tutor_nospam_@cfl.rr.com

I am an extremely experienced VAX COBOL developer (some 18 years experience?) based currently in the UK, but extremely keen to take a contract like this. Have you now filled the position, and in any case is this open to non-US applicants?
    >
    > I have worked on a large number of applications over the years, from manufacturing to financial services, and am completely fluent in all things VAX & Alpha/OpenVMS COBOL related!
    >
    > If the position is still open please let me know and I will send my CV across to you straightaway.
    >
    > I hope to hear from you soon,
    >
    > My best wishes,
    > Andy Barton.
    >
    > Tel: +44 (0)7834 178752
    >
    >
    >
    > ---Quote (Originally by garrydawkins)---
    > Cowboy fans:
    >

Sadly, I can't figure out from these postings WHERE the job is. IS the job still available and HOW DO WE APPLY.

Wouldn't it be nice if cobol vax jobs still existed in this universe?
    ingres or cobol contracts? tutor_nospam_@cfl.rr.com

I know what you mean! Ten years ago there were still plenty around - now I see two or three possible openings each year - if that.

I think the job is surely in Dallas, but I received no reply from my enquiry two months ago so know nothing more. Good luck searching...