Unanswered: Automatic set to valid of secondary truncation point

Hi,

I have a replication environment with one replication server (REP) and two ASE servers (ASE_A and ASE_B). Replication can work only in one direction: from ASE_A to ASE_B OR from ASE_B to ASE_A. Always a replication agent is working in ASE_A or ASE_B and a replication agent is down in ASE_B OR ASE_A. Nevertheless, connections from ASE_A to ASE_B and from ASE_B to ASE_A are ALWAYS up.

In case replication fails (for example from ASE_A to ASE_B), I have a script to synchronize ASE servers:

- Suspend all replication connections from ASE_A to ASE_B and from ASE_B to ASE_A.
    - Stop replication agents from ASE_A and set to ignore their secondary truncation point.
    - Purge replication queues@REP.
    - Truncate transaction log, reset secondary truncation point and set it to valid @ASE_A.
    - Start rep agents@ASE_A.
    - Dump db@ASE_A.
    - Load db@ASE_B.
    - Resume connections from ASE_A to ASE_B and from ASE_B to ASE_A.

The problem is after the execution of this script, the secondary truncation point in ASE_B is set automatically to valid.

I don't not why. Secondary truncation point @ASE_B is not set and it automatically switchs to VALID.

Somebody knows if there is any command which set automatically the secondary trunction point to valid? Maybe resume a connection do that?

Thank you in advance!

Ravikumar

The reason behind the automatic valid of secondary trunction point is that you are loading the @ASE_A dump into @ASE_B.
    So all db settings and and truncation points are copied to @ASE_B.

Thanks & Regards
    Ravikumar
    Sybase DBA

thank you very much! I dind´t think about this possibility...