Unanswered: Dynamically change picture in report based on data

I need to know if it is possible to display a different picture in a report based on the data that is retrieved. What I have is a Crystal 9 report and I need to display a different person's signature at the bottom, based on the siteid field, e.g. if the siteid is Anywhere I want to show John Doe's signature, but if the siteid is Nowhere, I want to show Jane Doe's signature. Is there any way to build this logic into the report?? The report is connecting to a SQL Server database. Or is there anyway to load a picture into the database and use a database field to call up the picture??

I don't even know if this is possible so I'm hoping that some expert can help me out. I can give you more information if needed.

Thanks
    Stephanie

Lightbulb Dynamically displaying a signature

What you could do is to place the signature images one on top of the other in the space where you want them to display and suppress both of them. You can then go into the formula link next to the Suppress check box for each image and say siteid = "<value of the opposite signature>". The image will stay suppressed until the opposite value pops up. This should turn your signature image on and off.

Now if you get a value that has neither siteid, you'll have a report with no signature so you need to account for all values of siteid or handle the case where siteid is null. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

I actually had just figured that out and was going to post. What I actually did, since there are more than 2 distinct siteid's, was pile the pictures on top of each other, then suppress each one where "siteid <> 'Distinct Siteid'.

Thanks for your help and I hope this can help anyone else out.