Unanswered: Urgent help needed please

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, and very new to MSQL. I have no programming knowledge in php. Infact I am a graphic/ web designer more than a back end programmer.

I am working on a site for myself that will be a links database site. I am hosted by godaddy and familiar on how to set up a mysql database. Its from there that I get stuck! I have seen the log in for phpmyadmin but dont know how to use it.

I want the site to display the following, I presume via PHP scripting:

A-z index, each linking to a page of peoples names alphabetically displayed, begining with A for eg. Each persons name will then link to a page of their own. Each persons page will have a thumbnail pic and a long list of external URLS (shown as descriptions, not URLS ie "Job Blogs runs down the road").

I would also like an alphabetical list on a separate page of peoples home sites, ie homepage of joe blogs, sue smith etc.

So, my question is, how do I set a database up, input the data and display it to match my website.

Any info on this or help would be extremely appreciated. I know its a lot to ask but I am starting from scratch with this.

Many thanks in advance guys!

Provided Answers: 59
    please don't multi post

you have just bumped our post in the MySQL forum, you need to give it a couple of days there to see if you get a response. on past history you are more likely to get a response form the MySQL thread for these sort of questions.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

You're basically asking to give you finished script that will handle all that you mentioned which is a little bit too much to ask for on the forum
    If I were you I would get a book, something like "PHP and MySQL for dynamic websites" try to write your own code and then if you are stuck with something, ask questions.