Reviewing your resume, I feel you would be a good match for our direct client and I expect this job will be of interest to you as well. Please send me your updated resume in MS Word format along with contact details, expected rate and the best time to speak with you. If you are already working with our organization then you can apply for this position only if your current contract is finishing.
Responsibilities for this role include designing, implementing, and administering a customized Crystal Enterprise Portal. Successful candidate will be able to develop complex, accurate, flexible reports, integrating them into web-based applications using various web technologies.
• Respond to requests for technical services when required by any College Board program and/or employee which includes understanding the needs of user departments, and providing economical and effective solutions using the best technology available that is compatible with the College Board’s information systems.
• Provide guidance to others in carrying out technical functions; design, develop, modify and test applications, systems, processes and procedures which may include working with the following:
o Desktop OS: Win2000 Professional, Windows XP
o Server OS: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows Server 2008
o Web Servers: IIS 5/6/7, Apache, Tomcat
o Database: SQL Server 8.0/2005, Oracle 9i+
o Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 10 or later, Crystal Enterprise Professional 10 / 11, Business Objects 3.1
o Enterprise Software: Lawson Financials & Human Resources; Pivotal e-Relationship CRM, iMIS
• Assist with the implementation of enterprise systems.
• Responsible for maintaining, documenting and enhancing current applications and supporting packaged solutions.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks which may include but are not limited to the following: managing information in databases or lists; coordinating the distribution of information or materials with external entities; researching or compiling data or information; and processing orders or requests for information.
• Prepare technical documentation as required.
• Interface with third-party programming companies when required.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
Knowledge of ETL processes and toolsets (ie, Microsoft DTS and Informatica)
Strong knowledge of administering and configuring Crystal Enterprise Server
Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe challenges and solutions in both technical and layman’s terms
Strong Hands-on SQL experience, preferable PL/SQL and stored procedures/views
Experience with at least one configuration management tool is an asset (ie Rational Clear Case)
Extensive experience working in an application development environment would be considered an asset.
At least 2 full Business Objects/Crystal Reporting implementations including all phases (requirements, design, construction, implementation) of systems development lifecycle
Experience using a software development methodology, preferably RUP
Demonstrated skill in specifying, designing, documenting and developing user programs with a reputation for programming excellence.
Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to work effectively with user departments
Knowledge of systems analysis and design, and database design
Ability to focus on the goals of quality, time and budget
Ability to work independently
Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively
Problem solving skills
Customer service orientation
College courses or professional training. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related subject, plus additional related. Minimum of four years of directly related progressively responsible work experience in application development, maintenance and support. Successful candidate will be capable of developing functional specifications, program specifications and user documentation. Project management experience required.