Thread: IDE issues

Question Unanswered: IDE issues

I think I might have a problem with my IDE. Any time I try to type ANYTHING, it turns red, my cursor moves back to the end of the word, and I have to almost physically fight with my computer to type in something as simple as "Dim <something> As <datatype>". When I type an object, then the dot operator, it displays the methods list for a split second, then it disappears and the object is red. Not just my class objects, but stuff like Me.[whatever] or DoCmd.[whatever], Combo1.[property].

This is really really really starting to get irritating! If I manage to type in what I need to type, the code executes property, but I don't have all those lists of methods memorized! I went in to the Options and turned off Auto Syntax Check, but no difference.

Does anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? How can I fix this? It just started doing it randomly. I've been having a lot of seemingly random problems with MS Access lately.
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.

Provided Answers: 6
    First guess is that there's a form open with a timer event running. That can cause this behavior.
    Paul

Smile

pbaldy you genius!!!

YES! There WAS a form open and a timer running! I never even thought of that. I just noticed that the form with the timer on it was not open in design mode.

GAh I feel like such a n00b now. Thank you for your help!
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.

Provided Answers: 6
    LOL! I wouldn't call it genius, I'd call it "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt".
    Paul