Unanswered: ADM10501W error with db.auto_storage_util

I using DB2 9.1.3 in Windows XP. It is a PC and I am getting the following error in the Windows event viewer.
    Instance: DB2 Node:000
    PID:1024(db2fmp.exe) TID:4224 Appid:none
    Health Monitor HealthIndicator::update Probe:500

ADM10501W Health indicator "Database Automatic Storage Utilization"
    ("db.auto_storage_util") breached the "upper" warning threshold of "80 %" with
    value "87 %" on "database" "DB2.DEFBKD61". Calculation:
    "((db.auto_storage_used/db.auto_storage_total)*100);" = "((69586542592 /
    80023232512) * 100)" = "87 %". History (Timestamp, Value, Formula): "()"

As I understood from this message that my Auto storage limit is crossing the upper limit.
    This is a automatically created database using a WebSphere Message Broker script.
    How do I overcome this problem?

Do I need to increase the "db.auto_storage_total"?
    If I increase "db.auto_storage_total", is it going to create any problem to the database?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Partha

Looks like your Windows drive ( C:\ drive, probably) is filling up...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Quote Originally Posted by Partha.Baidya View Post
    I using DB2 9.1.3 in Windows XP. It is a PC and I am getting the following error in the Windows event viewer.
    Instance: DB2 Node:000
    PID:1024(db2fmp.exe) TID:4224 Appid:none
    Health Monitor HealthIndicator::update Probe:500

ADM10501W Health indicator "Database Automatic Storage Utilization"
    ("db.auto_storage_util") breached the "upper" warning threshold of "80 %" with
    value "87 %" on "database" "DB2.DEFBKD61". Calculation:
    "((db.auto_storage_used/db.auto_storage_total)*100);" = "((69586542592 /
    80023232512) * 100)" = "87 %". History (Timestamp, Value, Formula): "()"

As I understood from this message that my Auto storage limit is crossing the upper limit.
    This is a automatically created database using a WebSphere Message Broker script.
    How do I overcome this problem?

Do I need to increase the "db.auto_storage_total"?
    If I increase "db.auto_storage_total", is it going to create any problem to the database?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Partha
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi Sathyaram,

Thanks for your efforts.
    But I checked my C:\ drive. It is not filling up.
    I thing some other reason might there..

Regards,
    Partha

execute "db2pd -d DEFBKD61 -storagepath" to see the drive(s) used by this database and check the available space on the drive(s). According to the message, you still have ~9.7GB free

Hi Bela,
    You are right. I have only one drive and that is C:\. I have 9.65 GB free on C:\ drive.
    Is this creating the problem...? Do I need to increase the size of free space in C:.
    Could you please help me in this....

Thanks,
    Partha

You're getting this warning because the amount of used space on your drive reached 80% (87% as per the message). The message will change to alarm when it reaches 90%.

You still have ~9GB of free space and if the database doesn't continue growing, it's ok to just ignore the message or you can change the warning/alarm setting (increase threshold) so that the message stops for some time. You can do it using GUI or using the following command:
    db2 update alert cfg for database on <db name> using db.auto_storage_util set alarm <new value>
    db2 update alert cfg for database on <db name> using db.auto_storage_util set warning <new value>

If the database continues to grow, then you need to add more space. Check with your Windows admin if adding space is possible. If you can add another drive to this PC, then you can also add this drive to your db.

It's also possible that you're not archiving the logs (if you're using archival logging) and all of them stay on C: and use a lot of space. Execute "db2 get db cfg for <db name>" and look for "Path to log files". Go to that dir and see how many logs you have there and when they were created. You can also check if you have any old backup images that you no longer need or if you can get rid of some large non-DB2 files.

Thanks Bella....
    I got the cause of this problem and the disk space in C:\, I can increase..so it would not through the warning....
    Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Partha