Unanswered: Column length Exceeds 72 characters

Hi all,

I am trying to execute a insert query in a JCL using IKJEFT01. One of the columns to be inserted is of picture clause CHAR(80). But when I execute the query only first 72 characters in the file are considered and the query fails.

Is there any way to overcome this situation?

P.S I need to execute this query using insert statement alone. I cannot use anything else.

thanks.

How about concatenating shorter strings.
    Like this:
    INSERT INTO ....
    VALUES
    ('abcd...' ||
    'efgh....' ||
    'xyz....'
    , ....
    )

Is the data in a sepate file with lrcl of 80 or larger? JCL files are typically only 72 so that the line numbers are visble on the screen.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks a lot for your replies,

Query is in a separate file of record length 200.

Provided Answers: 11
    the sqlcode you get ?
    maybe because of utf db and special characters - 80 characters will not fit in char(80)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Query fails with incompatible datatype for the successive fields. When I check the log for query, I see that only first 72 characters are present in query other characters are ignored.

Just wanted to know if there is anyway to input a larger record length input file. I dont think there is any method to do that. For now I have used the solution mentioned by Tonkuma and its working fine.

thanks for all your replies.