Thread: ODBC drivers.

Unanswered: ODBC drivers.

Folks,

Im new to odbc drivers please help me in the following question. I have two servers SQL Server and Informatica which will be accessing mainframes through odbc drivers. I have to install the odbc drivers in the linux os. I have no idea where to start from in installing the odbc drivers and configuring it for accessing mainframes. should i have to install db2 connect(what product,eg db2 connect EE, data client etc) in the linux server and modify the odbc driver(which odbc driver to download,which path can i find it to install it). please help me. i dont even know what questiions to ask. i really appreciate if somebody help me out.

this article may help

Which DB2 9.5 client connectivity option is right for you?

Quote Originally Posted by zealor View Post
    Folks,

Im new to odbc drivers please help me in the following question. I have two servers SQL Server and Informatica which will be accessing mainframes through odbc drivers. I have to install the odbc drivers in the linux os. I have no idea where to start from in installing the odbc drivers and configuring it for accessing mainframes. should i have to install db2 connect(what product,eg db2 connect EE, data client etc) in the linux server and modify the odbc driver(which odbc driver to download,which path can i find it to install it). please help me. i dont even know what questiions to ask. i really appreciate if somebody help me out.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

You need to install "IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC & CLI" and get a DB2 Connect license.

Difference in various client packages in 9.7
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../c0022612.html

Regards,
    Sawan Gupta
    Last edited by sawangupta; 11-09-09 at 07:27.