Question Unanswered: Exporting/Saving Reports

I have a feeling I already know the answer to this question, and I've tried to find an answer elsewhere, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm sorry if it sounds like an obvious question.

I have an Access 2003 database back end on my office's local network, and the end users access it through the .MDE file I have provided them. There is a prevailing gripe that they can not save or export reports, they can only print them.

I thought initially "Well, that's because it's an MDE", but I tried adjusting different user-level permissions in the database, and even as the administrator, I could not export or save a report, as I expected it would be. Unfortunately, these people don't like hearing "Sorry, I just can't do anything about that."

Like I said, I am 99.99% certain this is because it's an MDE file, but I wanted to make sure there is no other way I could fix the problem without giving users access to the actual front end. I suppose it wouldn't really hurt for them to access the .mdb file, since the database is split, and their user group has no permissions to view or edit anything...

Input?
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.

In access you can export reports in a snapshot format using the following format DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "report name", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "file location and file name", False, "", 0
    e.g. DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, "test", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "d:\test.snp", False, "", 0

You will need an interface for the user to specify the file location and file name.

Various developers have uploaded examples of exporting reports in PDF

Thank you!
    "Unix is user friendly... It's just very picky about its friends."

The best things in life...are well-documented.