Unanswered: Exporting Pivot Table in Compiled access program

Hi,
    I'm developing an Access 2007 Database which will have a pivot table as one of the outputs. Because I'm going to distribute this to my coworkers, the results will be a compiled accdr version.

When I'm in Access developing this pivottable form, under Pivot Table Tools on the ribbon menu, there's an option to export it to Excel. However, when I compile everything and go into the resulting accdr object, that option is not there. And I don't know how to get it.

I've attempted setting this pivot table up within a subform and using a command button to try to export it using VBA, but can't seem to get that to work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bill

You can try this:

http://www.dbforums.com/6390529-post84.html

It opens the query/pivot table in a subform type view (which gives you excel type navigation) plus it's got an export routine built into it to export the query to an excel, dbf, or txt format.

I haven't tested it in 2007 though but it should work. Save your query names as "Export_xxxx" and they will show on the report form (otherwise change the criteria for the listbox on the report form.) My users seem to like this method the best.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Not quite what I'm looking for. What I get from that developer menu option is a spreadsheet which has all the pivot table options already set up. Your routine only takes a snapshot of the data. Since obviously Access 2007 has something built-in someplace that does what I want, I'd like to take advantage of that. Also, I want to use the standard save-as screens.

Not quite what I'm looking for. What I get from that developer menu option is a spreadsheet which has all the pivot table options already set up. Your routine only takes a snapshot of the data. Since obviously Access 2007 has something built-in someplace that does what I want, I'd like to take advantage of that. Also, I want to use the standard save-as screens.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the developer's menu which has the export to excel button on it. I'm also attaching the resulting spreadsheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files