Thread: ER Diagram Help

ER Diagram Help

This is for a small golf course a few blocks from were I live. This is only a small part of the whole company covering the puchase of a golf game by a player. A player has the option of buying a membership card that allows them to recive a discount on their futer games. Also If a player chooses by buy a membership they also have the option of becomeing part of a leage. The leauge's have an anual competioon aginst eachother and they recive a massive discount on their game and a golf kart is furnished for them to use. Any player has the option of entering to win the po. The pot is an anual prize that is aworded to the player with the highest score for the 18 hole course. The pot is awarded only ounce a year. Also If a leauge competition is being help no player in the leauge competition may enter to win the pot.

I have drawn up an ER for this but have seemd to have hit a wall and don't know were to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ER Diagram.JPG  
    Last edited by MaChAcKr; 11-17-09 at 17:53.

The biggest help I can offer here is to suggest you switch your browser to Mozilla Firefox. It has a built in spell check.

My second suggestion is to lay out mock tables in excel (or even on paper) and start putting in data. That is how I initially test all of my designs.

Heck, I use Powerpoint for thumbnail ERDs, with connector objects to show relationships between boxes.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

I use data because then I can attempt to store test information and set up the keys and foreign keys. If I can't store the information or I have more information than I have places to put it then I know I need to work on the design some more.