Unanswered: Custom data field height?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crystalreportcangrow.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	10242

Herro!

I've attached a picture demonstrating the current output of my report. I've circled 3 lines that are showing the issue i need to fix.

The column that has 3 circled fields has the value "Can Grow" checked.

As you can see in the picture, the content of those "can grow" fields is too long to be displayed in the designated area, so it creates a 2nd line and puts the remaining data there.

I would like to have the data group's height adjusted accordingly if the data is bigger than say... 15 characters?

I can manage to create a function that counts the characters in that field.. but how can i adjuste the data group for those specific records only?

thank you!

I assume the problem is that the Lines are not printing properly when the entire group spans multile lines. There is no need for a "function that counts the characters in that field". The fixes are simple

To ensure Horizontal Lines print at the bottom of the section.

Right click on the Horizontal Line.
    Click the Format Line menu item.
    Set the Move to Bottom of Section when Printing option.

For the Vertical lines the option is called "Extend to bottom of Section"
    Last edited by brucevde; 11-18-09 at 16:22.

thank you!

ill test this today and will let you know about the results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	10254

ok , im really close to completing this

the horizontal and vertical line's attribute "extend to bottom of the section when printing" works great.. thank you

Now if you could look at the output that i have in the attached picture. You'll notice that the field cut and the shipping dates dont grow..im wondering how i could do that for those fields.. the "extend to bottom of the section when printing" option is not available

Insert a Box object where needed. It has a Fill property for colours and the Extend to bottom of Section option as well.

[Edit]

Never mind. Boxes won't work because you cannot have different colours per column, unless you use multiple detail sections.
    Last edited by brucevde; 11-19-09 at 18:26.