Unanswered: Advanced Replication versus Streams

Hi everybody !
    I would like to get some advice about different replication solutions in Oracle 10.

I plan to setup two databases: an OLTP one and another one devoted to statistics queries (read only). No need to refresh data more than once a day. RAC isn't an option here (mainly because we don't want to replicate all data).

I went into the documentation and found out "Advanced replication" and "Streams replication" would fit, but I don't know which one is best/easy to manage.
    Thanks in advance,
    Laurent

I have implemented streams replication and it works great. How much data do you want to replicate, means few tables or schema or the whole database?

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Sanjay.

I have about 20 tables to replicate (not the whole schema) and not a lot of data (less than a million rows each). Refreshing would involve 100 - 1000 rows a day on each table.

Thanks for your reply.
    Laurent

Replicating that much data through streams should be very easy. Basically you can generate the script through OEM and modify it manually as per your requirements. Oracle has a very good document for streams. It is very easy to setup and maintain. Here is the document link: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B...111/b28321.pdf. It is a easy to follow manual.

plan to setup two databases: an OLTP one and another one devoted to statistics queries (read only). No need to refresh data more than once a day. RAC isn't an option here (mainly because we don't want to replicate all data).

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >RAC isn't an option here (mainly because we don't want to replicate all data).
    RAC has NOTHING to do with replicating data.

You post has nothing to do with this thread!
    If you have problem or question start your own thread!
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by lungtungnheo View Post
    plan to setup two databases: an OLTP one and another one devoted to statistics queries (read only). No need to refresh data more than once a day. RAC isn't an option here (mainly because we don't want to replicate all data).
    Just a spam. He only copied and pasted a part of my original post.

LS