Unanswered: Drop Down Menu is blank

One of my forms in my database has a drop down menu that is completely blank but if I scroll and select it actually does choose the item that I cant see. I know that makes no sense but it is as if the data in the drop down menu is missing but it is actually there. Any thoughts? I am not sure how else to explain it.
    Thanks
    Sherri

Okay after looking at my other forms and using the drop down menu they are all blank! This database has not been changed or modified in any way except for updating records not changes have occurred in any of the forms. All the info was there Wednesday and gone Thursday. Ran my virus scan and nothing was found. I am totally confused!

Did the bound column, column count, or column width settings get reset somehow?

Actually after a few more google searches I found the answer. A hotfix need to be applied that makes that field not visible in the database. Works perfectly now!

Provided Answers: 19
    Just to clarify this, and provide others who may come in search of a solution to this problem the information you found, you're running Access 2003 and have the SP3 service pack installed. This particular service pack is buggier than the Great Dismal Swamp! One of the most common bugs reported is the one you've encountered, with disappearing fields in a combobox.

The culprit is actually any type of formatting in the underlying fields, including the
    simple > used to force UpperCase. For a quick fix you can simply remove this or any other formatting, but the definitive answer is to install this hotfix:

Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007