Unanswered: backing up aix database to my windows desktop

Is there a way to backup an aix database to my Windows desktop? What i've tried is:

from a db2 command line on my desktop:

C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2 backup db cmshawk user db2inst1 using ##### to \\D416C61782\c:\aaa with 2 buffers without prompting
    SQL2036N The path for the file or device "\\D416C61782\c:\aaa" is not valid.

the invalid path is my qualified desktop

Provided Answers: 1
    BACKUP always refers to the server local devices. Besides, the AIX backup image won't do you any good on Windows anyway.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I'm looking for a way to take an aix database to a linux server. I've done the db2look/export from windows to aix. i had to use my desktop to run the commands from so that the conversion would work. i guess that's how we'll have to do it going from linux to aix. i really didn't think it would work. i'm not real familiar with a federated database, but could I hook a connection between the aix and linux database and run some sort of select insert command?

Quote Originally Posted by chinatrain99 View Post
    I'm looking for a way to take an aix database to a linux server. I've done the db2look/export from windows to aix. i had to use my desktop to run the commands from so that the conversion would work. i guess that's how we'll have to do it going from linux to aix. i really didn't think it would work. i'm not real familiar with a federated database, but could I hook a connection between the aix and linux database and run some sort of select insert command?
    for backup/restore
    1. windows <--\-->*unix
    2. for *nix, the big/little indien decides.

for ur aix<->linux question, I guess you just need some catalog action. Or federation.