Senior Systems Administrator - must have pi/Open Experience
ARE YOU UP FOR AN EXITING OPPORTUNITY in Toronto, Canada???
We’re looking for a skillful and very knowledgeable consultant having worked with pi/Open & HP9000 [UNIX] from days gone by. Knowledge of Benton Scheduler and AS400 also a key component to this role.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of administration, you’ll be part of a small, vibrant team of IT professionals.
Description: within this phased project, the chosen candidate must be a skillful and very knowledgeable in order to maintain, document & catalogue the applications, manage reporting and upload/ download from a UNIX HP 9000 [local] to an off-site AS400. Knowledge of benton Scheduler, and O/S pi/open, UNIX a must.
Skills & Requirements
- knowledge of HP 9000 server
- Knowledge of UNIX and interfacing uploads/downloads, reporting to a remote AS400
- knowledge of O/S pi/open
- knowledge of Benton Scheduler
- Ability to stabilize the system in case of corruption during the upload or download of data or reports
- Ability to manually interface, send, upload or download back to the AS400 quickly in case of failure in communications
- Front end applications are web based systems
Duties [not limited to]
- Must work on-site in Northern Toronto area. Remote work is not acceptable
- Cataloguing and identifying all the applications and reports currently running on HP 9000 UNIX environment
- Concise detailed documentation on the applications and reporting tools and functions
Nice to have but not required
- Knowledge of, or previous experience in the Automotive industry a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle & E1 – Financial & Accounting systems
- Knowledge of web technologies
Specialization and Skills: Network and Infrastructure HP/UX UNIX 5 - 7 years
Systems Administrator 5 - 7 years
Work Environment: Culture & Environment:
- Open concept office everyone including executives in one open area office
- Very fast paced environment
- Candidate must be able think fast on their feet, work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills to deal with demanding executive team
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO THE FOLLOWING CONTACT BELOW. WE WILL BE ACCEPTING EMAIL SUBMISSIONS UNTIL DECEMBER 1ST 2009 – thank you for your submission and please understand we will be contacting only those consultants who meet the skill set required and we choose to move forward. Your understanding is appreciated :-)