Unanswered: Refresh a Web Browser in an Access Form

Hello,

I have an access form that has a Web Browser, aka. Microsoft Web Browser.
    The Browser named "wbcontrol" allows the user to surf to their manufactures that are store in a table.
    I do have an text field as an address bar. There are times i need to refresh the web browser, Looking for some VB code to put on a click event.

Thanks for your time.

B.

there is no such thing as an Access form having a web browser....

I guess your not as educated in Access as most of the forum users. Good Luck on your quest for Access skills.

B.

I don't use a specific web control (microsoft web browser) but instead use the code below to access the web within MSACcess:

Dim objXMLHTTP, xml
    Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    xml.Open "POST", URLAddress, False
    xml.send Data
    Me.LblResponse.Caption = xml.ResponseText

Set xml = Nothing
    or
    Dim objXMLHTTP, xml
    Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    xml.Open "GET", URLAddress, False
    xml.send Data
    Me.LblResponse.Caption = xml.ResponseText

Set xml = Nothing

Either way, you'll need to somehow clear the control. The example above is what I use to push (ie. POST (or GET) to the web which clears it when done. Without knowing how your doing it with your specific web control, I can't say how you would refresh the control. That would be coding specific to the wbcontrol itself. I haven't used the microsoft web browser control myself but I'm sure there's a way. Perhaps you could send it a 'generic' or null type address.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-21-09 at 01:40.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Quote Originally Posted by b_rocks View Post
    I guess your not as educated in Access as most of the forum users. Good Luck on your quest for Access skills.

B.
    Agree

If you don't know, don't assume it can't be done or doesn't exist. The proper response by NTC should have been "I don't know, I have never ever done this!!"

Last edited by pkstormy; 11-21-09 at 01:34.

where in the tool bar is the control that inserts a web browser into a form?

Its an Active X Control that is inserted into the form. In form design view go to your insert menu, look for active X controls.
    There are many controls that give MS Access the power to do anything, combined with VB, unstoppable.

Thanks pkstormy.

Appreciate your response. I Like the Code, i may have use for it sometime soon.

B.

just one dba's opinion - to me the concept is a stretch for browser inside a database application...rather than just using separate windows...but maybe I just have never seen a requirement where this is the best approach....

"just one dba's opinion"
    Ok, but do to your prior opinion, its holds little weight.
    "never seen a requirement where this is the best approach....

Yes its a perfect fit. I've designed a POS, "Point of Sales" database that creates and tracks orders from their suppliers. Now with the browsing aspect, they can also place orders online. I've also incorporated Bar code Scanning into the database for there products ordered. I've packaged it as a Stand alone software. Meaning you don't need MS Access to run it. Its Sweet!

B.

Interesting b_rocks (it sounds sweet also). This would be neat to see in action. I use the code I posted to connect to the web to do outbound calling for our IVR system (I pass a web address with the IVR parameters/phone number and the IVR system takes over from there once the POST is completed.) Sorry I can't help you with the web control though. I've only used that control to do animation.

If it helps at all, here's the example with the web control for animation I posted in the code bank a while back (but I used an old web control): http://www.dbforums.com/6304857-post56.html (not sure how well it works though - I did it quickly years ago and had a few problems with it - but it's got a few other things that may be of interest - ie. populating a table with all the gif files into a table from a folder you select.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-21-09 at 22:49.

Thanks pkstormy.
    The connect to the web to do outbound calling for you IVR system sounds interesting. It would be great to have some of that experience.
    I'll check out your download, I appreciate it.

B.

I just downloaded and checked the animation part. I couldn't get it to work (although it used to). Just so you know. (but again, the auto-populate of the table is kind of cool.)

I would like to see your code when you get it done if you wouldn't mind posting it. I want to do the something similar with the web form you described.