Unanswered: Vb application - Word to Access

I'm not sure if I have this thread in the right place but here it goes:

I have a VB application I'm trying to build. The idea is to have it open up a word form, have the user fill it out, have the data be sent to Access and the form saved under a serialized reference number. The data will be used in other excel spreadsheets and saved with the same reference number.

So I guess my question is how do I get the data from the user in the word form into my Access db?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

Have you considered just making a form in Access and letting the user enter in the data there? This is, after all, what forms are basically made for (i.e. allowing the user to interact with the data, such as entering records).
    Me.Geek = True

Provided Answers: 1
    If you're talking about multiple disparate front ends connecting to the same data at the same time, with some of those front ends capable of making updates, then you're talking about a poor scenario for using Access.

What's the business problem you're solving here? This can be done in Access, but to do it safely requires a lot of tomfoolery.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks! Seems like a great site so far! Lots of info.

I have considered it but these forms are made by another company and I'm doing this 1. because I have to but 2. feels more like its just to make their life easier. (but it also will not change the way they do things)

The forms are made and I've got the only 3 or 4 fields I need bookmarked. Now I just got to figure out to get that data into Access and save the form under a certain name.

JD

Keeping in mind what Teddy had to say (he usually has good stuff to say ), I think this is roughly what you're after.
    Me.Geek = True

Teddy, thanks for your reply. There will only be 1 front end on one computer connecting to the data at any time. It's a very basic app.

nckdryr, I actually had found that link after my last post haha, it is pretty much what I'm looking to do, I just need to figure out the code to get word to talk to access. Hopefully they code they give will work with 2003 as well. Thanks!