Unanswered: PostgreSQL or Postgresql Plus by Enterprise DB?

Hi,

I'm looking to switch over from MySQL to PostgreSQL and am wondering whether to download the standard PostgreSQL or PostgreSQL Plus by Enterprise DB.

Apparently the Plus version is a one-click installer, and comes with some additional features. But why not just go the regular version?

Thanks,

Michael

Not much difference. The database itself is the same, they just bundle apache, php and some other stuff. It is released under the same as Postgres so there is no harm in using that one.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mvreade View Post
    Apparently the Plus version is a one-click installer, and comes with some additional features. But why not just go the regular version?
    Since 8.4 the installer maintained by EnterpriseDB is the only one for Windows (and I think MacOS).

Hi artacus,

Yes, it its maintained by EnterpriseDB, but they have two flavors, and I was wondering about which one might be most recommended...

I'd probably recommend the plus edition if you are just getting started with Postgres. I already have set up most of what they bundle with stack builder. But the configuration wizard is great for getting your server optimized for your environment.

Thanks, I'll take your advice.

All the best, Michael

EnterpriseDB is the leader in products and services based on PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database.
    As The Enterprise Postgres Company, we help organizations succeed in discovering, evaluating, developing, deploying, and growing their open source database efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by mvreade View Post
    Thanks, I'll take your advice.

All the best, Michael
    Nice thread - some good stuff to consider.