Thread: Filter by form

Question Unanswered: Filter by form

Dear all
    I need help for my question as follow:

I have a database from tables, query, forms and reports. but wen i want to print the report I go inside the query and write the criteria condition in the query design for the field requested.

but I don't want to enter to the query design page and I hope to make a form have text boxes which i can use it to fill it and automatically will fill my query filter criteria condition.

Also, I prefer the form filter to be like the Excell filte, I mean use the criteria like "ALL, Greater than, between, Or, And"

and to add more criteria condition by add more property in one filter

Is my question have an answer or not?

Thanks for all

Welcome to the forums.

What you're asking for isn't exactly easy to do that I'm aware of, but it can be done. I'd suggest you look into building the WHERE criteria based on the form's control via VB, and then using that to define your query, and then opening the report.

I don't know your skill level, but if you don't have any experience with VB, I think this may be out of your reach until such time. If you do have VB skills, then I hope the above helps.

Me.Geek = True

Quote Originally Posted by nckdryr View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

What you're asking for isn't exactly easy to do that I'm aware of, but it can be done. I'd suggest you look into building the WHERE criteria based on the form's control via VB, and then using that to define your query, and then opening the report.

I don't know your skill level, but if you don't have any experience with VB, I think this may be out of your reach until such time. If you do have VB skills, then I hope the above helps.

Sir
    Thanks for your quick reply and really I have a bigineer level in the access but like I said before I did a very good database to manage my work and printout any report I need,
    but if you can make a small sample project I can make the same for my large project.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moatsem2000 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply and really I have a bigineer level in the access but like I said before I did a very good database to manage my work and printout any report I need,
    but if you can make a small sample project I can make the same for my large project.
    Be sure to have a look at our FAQ.

No offense intended, but noone's here to do your work for you (well, maybe someone else may have hours of free time on their hands that they'd be willing to donate to you, but I don't ). I've given you enough pointers to get done what you need, but as I said earlier, depending on your skill level and your eagerness to learn, this kind of project may be out of your reach. Maybe someone else in the forum may have the time, skill and ambition to provide you with what you're asking for, but that's up to them.

Cheers!
    Me.Geek = True

You may also want to check the code bank. There are many examples there which may help you.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Many thanks for all