Unanswered: Setting a filter on a table

Hi, I'm just starting with Paradox 8 with a FoxPro background.

I'd like to be able to assign function keys to look for certain situations in a table. That table is currently being opened like so:

var
    TV TABLEVIEW
    endvar

if TV.open("E:\\mytable.db", WinStyleMaximize, 100, 100,
    1440*8, 1440*7) then

TV.wait() ; Wait for user to close the table view.
    TV.close() ; Close the table.

endIf

That code puts a table on the screen. I'd like to be able to hit Ctrl-F3, for example, and see only records with only certain provinces. With FoxPro I would issue a ' set filter to prov = "ON" or prov = "BC" '.

Possible in Paradox?

if possible, I suggest you move up to p9 or p10, where the vast majority of users and developers are.. that way, if they give you code suggestions, it's more likely to NOT fail.. p9 was a MAJOR development of its' own..

filtering is easy.. SetGenFilter and/or SetRange can be used, in various conditions.. secondary indexes on the necessary fields will help, too..

key-trapping can be done in different ways, depending on context.. and that will depend on your code and knowledge, too..

there is very little detailed help available here.. please go to the paradox community forum, Home - Paradox Community, where most of the remaining developers hang out..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Upgrading is not an option unfortunately. It's a big ol' app I've inherited. It'll be moved to an SQL platform if it goes anywhere. That plus my boss is convinced that version 8 was the last good version of Paradox. Corel's current predicament doesn't inspire confidence in the platform either. Still, I'm enjoying it. Paradox definitely has its points.

thedbcommunity.com uses News Groups? I need to install a news reader into Firefox to read the posts there?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green View Post
    if possible, I suggest you move up to p9 or p10, where the vast majority of users and developers are.. that way, if they give you code suggestions, it's more likely to NOT fail.. p9 was a MAJOR development of its' own..

filtering is easy.. SetGenFilter and/or SetRange can be used, in various conditions.. secondary indexes on the necessary fields will help, too..

key-trapping can be done in different ways, depending on context.. and that will depend on your code and knowledge, too..

there is very little detailed help available here.. please go to the paradox community forum, Home - Paradox Community, where most of the remaining developers hang out..

It'll be moved to an SQL platform if it goes anywhere

that's the correct generic theory.. the sooner the better..

Corel's current predicament doesn't inspire confidence in the platform either.

Borland and Corel stopped development of the BDE and Paradox a decade ago.. anything Corel does now has nothing to do with it.. Paradox is dead, has been dead for a long time, and any critical app should be replaced ASAP, before something bad happens and there's no meaningful support available..

thedbcommunity.com uses News Groups?

you can do it from the web site, or from a news reader..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too