Unanswered: Export DB2 database from DB2 9.7 to DB2 9.5

I'm currently migrating some websites using the Liferay Java Portal.

I have two JBoss Application Servers (development and production) that both use DB2. The development server is using DB2 9.7 and the production server is using DB2 9.5.

I have a database on the development server that needs to be exported to the production server, but here's the problem: this doesn't seem to work because of the different DB2 versions! I can't change the DB2 version on the production server, because I'm not the administrator of that server.

Can anyone help me out with this one? Are there any tools or so available to do this?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Kind regards,

Zoetermeer, Holland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepee View Post
    this doesn't seem to work because of the different DB2 versions!
    A bit vague... What goes wrong? What do you use? db2move? restore? if so, based upon a compressed online backup?
    We need that kind of info to be able to help you.

I will have to ask the production server administrator some things first. He just said that it didn't work because of the different versions.

Anyway, this is what I did after I right-clicked on the database and choose Backup...:

1. Introduction click Next
    2. Image: choose File System and a location for the backup
    3. Options: left everything default (full backup and no compression)
    4. Performance: left everything default
    5. Schedule: left everything default
    6. Summary: left everything default and ran the backup process

This results in a backup file with a 001 extension. I uploaded this with an FTP client to the production server. The administrator tried to restore this in the DB2 server on the production server, but it didn't work.
    Last edited by Sweepee; 11-26-09 at 09:42.

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    You cannot restore the backup from a newer version on an older version server. You would have to use db2look to extract the database DDL, use it to create a new database, then use db2move to export and load the data.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.