Unanswered: Selecting Recordset Of Continuous Form

Hello,

I am currently designing a database for my work and am having a problem with a record set of a active continuous form.

I attach what I have so far so should help with trying to solve this matter.

There is a table called "Targets" with has a subform which is continuous. By selecting drop downs you can filter this to get the results you want. At the moment once you have filtered the form you can change the records for the month you have selected only.

Underneath this are check boxes with a command button. This is where I'm stuck. What I want to happen is for the user to input and update the month selected then if they wish to copy these updates to another month they check the relevant box below and click the button. This in turn updating the records the the check month.

I did try linking directly to the sub form or continuous form but I got stuck and I'm not sure this is the best way!

If anybody has a solution would appreciate your input.

Many Thanks

Bantler
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bantler View Post
    Hello,

I am currently designing a database for my work and am having a problem with a record set of a active continuous form.

I attach what I have so far so should help with trying to solve this matter.

There is a table called "Targets" with has a subform which is continuous. By selecting drop downs you can filter this to get the results you want. At the moment once you have filtered the form you can change the records for the month you have selected only.

Underneath this are check boxes with a command button. This is where I'm stuck. What I want to happen is for the user to input and update the month selected then if they wish to copy these updates to another month they check the relevant box below and click the button. This in turn updating the records the the check month.

I did try linking directly to the sub form or continuous form but I got stuck and I'm not sure this is the best way!

If anybody has a solution would appreciate your input.

Many Thanks

Bantler
    Your zip file is corrupted so I cannot open it.

I would use an update query telling it to update the month field, with criteria =Iif([MyCheckBox]="Yes","What I Want The Box To Say",""). Use a similar query for each field.

On the button (assuming it is a button to refresh the form) put code like this:

Code:
    CurrentDB.Execute "MyQuery1", dbfailonerror
    CurrentDB.Execute "MyQuery2", dbfailonerror
    etc....
    Me.Refresh
    Me.Requery