Thread: Hello

Smile Hello

Hello everyone,
    its a pleasure to be here looks like a nice friendly helpful forum. My name is James I am from Manchester, UK and yup a student taking a HND in computing and one of my units is database design concepts (quite basic but there is other units that have more practical implications). just wanted to say hello tell you a little bit about myself and ask a quick question.

part of my first assignment asks me to compare memory to cost and see if there is a link between the two. i have really looked every where and asked my tutor but he's adamant ill find it with a Google search. I can't find anything I really have looked!

only thing i've found is this and I don't really think its what he wants. and I'd hate to only get a pass because of this small part of task 1 I can't seem to find information on :/.
    any help would really b appreciated thanks guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgrime View Post
    part of my first assignment asks me to compare memory to cost and see if there is a link between the two. i have really looked every where and asked my tutor but he's adamant ill find it with a Google search. I can't find anything I really have looked!
    C'mon, now, you've got the question in front of you, but all you're going to tell me is it asks you to "compare memory to cost"?

You're probably looking for Moore's law.

and I'd hate to only get a pass because of this small part of task 1 I can't seem to find information on
    Marks aren't something you're entitled to, they're supposed to accurately reflect your mastery of a subject. If an instructor gives you high marks when you don't understand the material, they're setting you up for failure when you're unprepared for a later course that depends on that material.

yeah no its k I found it and got a merit.