Thread: Backup Issue

Unanswered: Backup Issue

I wasn't really sure where to post this but maybe someone can help. We have SQL 2000 running on MS 2000 server. We are trying to install a MSA 1510 to allow for vitual mirror backup solution. The MSA 1510 is susposed to run with MS 2000 server however the install fails saying it can't install it on the server. Has anyone had experience with this and if so is going to MS 2003server the solution?

I'm out...what's it do anyway?

Did you Google it?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Yes, we've done that and we've also down loaded all new updates. The install says it can't install on the operating system but HP information says it's compatable. We're wondering if anyone has run into something like this with this device.

Provided Answers: 6
    are you running an unliscensed copy ofn windows on your server?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

install a virtual machine and try with windows 2003

----------
    AKAROUCHE Mohamed

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
    are you running an unliscensed copy ofn windows on your server?
    Sevrer is licensed by processor. I'm trying to find out if anyone has tried to install this device so they can mirror SQL. It may be that we'll have to update to server 2003.

What are you trying to install? The software supplied by HP? What kind of error are you getting?

Seeing that the MSA 1510 is an iSCSI SAN, you can technically manage it from any server that has a connection to the network that the SAN is on. All you need to do for that Windows 2000 server is get it attached to an iSCSI target on that SAN. You can even configure the SAN via a web browser, so technically the HP software isn't really a must have. The most important thing you need is the MS iSCSI initiator on the MSSQL box.

Here's a quick and dirty deployment guide for the MSA 1510i

If I knew a little more about what step of the process you're at and and a little more about what you're trying to accomplish, I might be able to be more helpful.
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com