Unanswered: SQL 2000 SQL Mail

I can't seem to get SQL Mail set up on our SQL 2000 server.

First of all let me say I have tried every article and suggestion on this and 100 other forums and I have gotten nowhere. So I thought I try my own post and see if there is any new information on the subject.

Platform:
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
    SQL 2000 fully service packed
    Outlook 2000
    Unknown Exchange version. Should be at least 2003

What I have done/tried:
    1. Set up a domain account with Exchange mailbox
    2. Given that account Domain Admin, Domain Users, Administrator, + other various account rights.
    3. Set up MAPI profile in Outlook 2000.
    4. Set up SQL Agent and SQL Server to run under domain account. Services started without issue.
    5. Given DBO permission to two databases in SQL 2000. Not to the master database though.
    6. SQL Agent and SQL Server services.

I then checked under the SQL mail properties and there is no listing for the profiles. If I try to manually enter the profile I get the "xp_test_mapi_profile 0x80040111" error.

Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 6
    riddle me this. do you have a outlook or outllok express client installed on your sql server?

I seem to remember a post O wrote once... Did you look at this SQL Server Forums - using SQL server to receive email ?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Outlook 2000

Outlook 2000 as detailed in my initial post.